By NZAIMS inc | Posted: Monday July 29, 2019
The Teaching council has asked NZAIMS executive to circulate and reinforce this call for membership of the Leadership stewardship group.
The Leadership Strategy for the teaching profession of Aotearoa New Zealand Te Rautaki Kaihautū mō te Umanga Whakaakoranga o Aotearoa supports the growth and development of leadership capability for all registered teachers across Māori medium and English medium settings in Aotearoa New Zealand – in both positional and non-positional roles.
Phase 1 of the Leadership Strategy requires Stewardship of Leadership Practice and Learning Groups Te Tiaki I Te Mahi Me Te Akoranga Kaihautū to be established to ensure a co-design approach that guides the leadership development decisions that will grow and support the profession for the future, with a view to building leadership capability.
The Teaching Council is calling for applications to be member of the English medium Stewardship group. A separate approach will be developed with Māori medium representatives for the Māori medium Stewardship Group.
We are seeking expressions of interest from teachers, kaiako, principals, tumuaki and members of the profession with relevant expertise and experience including:
• Positional and non-positional educational leadership
• understanding of leadership theory and practice
• knowledge of, and/or experience in leadership learning.
The Stewardship Groups will ensure effective and steady progress in the implementation of the strategy to:
• develop a shared understanding and philosophy of leadership in a bicultural landscape.
• facilitate engagement between, and collaborative work by, education leaders on issues related to the learning and wellbeing of all learners.
• promote and support leadership excellence.
This opportunity is for the English medium Stewardship Group only.
Applications close 5pm on 12th August 2019